Snake 360 on the XBLCG has had an update-listed below are the new features;
– New 2-player mode added: Competition Mode! Choose any unlocked course and face off against a rival. You will play one life on each stage. If you survive the stage you’ll receive the time bonus. Win or lose, you’ll go to the next stage, and continue until all 10 are played. Highest score at the end wins.
– New 1-player mode added: Practice Mode! Choose any unlocked course, and pick a stage for practice. You can only select a course’s Extra Stages if you’ve at least reached the first.
– Marathon Mode now awards a bonus for lives left upon clearing stage 60. The value depends on the difficulty you’re playing: Easy: 100000. Normal: 125000. Difficult: 150000. Expert: 175000. Master: 200000. I have decided NOT to clear the leaderboards.
– USB keyboard support added. ENTER = Start, ESC = Back, arrow keys/WASD for movement. To use the keyboard, press ENTER during attract mode. Multiplayer is disabled while using the keyboard.
– “Cheat” debug menu added. Hold buttons (which? it’s a secret!) as the intro screens end (”Aaron Teplitsky Presents”). Instead of attract mode, you will see a menu fade in with two functions: Unlock All (self-explanatory), and Disable Profiles, which disables loading/saving and prevents players from having to sign in. This mode is ideal for party settings.
– fixed bug where “how to play” window for first-timers would re-appear if the game was paused.
– Occasionally, the game would crash while trying to save profiles in multiplayer modes, because it believed that the player had signed out and the save could not occur. Now, If this situation occurs, the game will put up a notification saying that the save failed, but will continue running. If you encounter this, I recommend that you quit to the main menu, then sign in all players again before continuing. If you still encounter this error often, you are encouraged to use the Debug Menu cheat and activate Disable Profiles.
– Normal is now the default difficulty, not Easy.
– Changed color of some of the text in the “How To Play” screen for first-timers, to help point out that the face button control method is best.
– Rich presence strings (AKA spy on your friends) are more accurate than before.
– Target appearance in the “How To Play” attract mode demo was slightly wrong and was fixed.
The latest version is 1.1.0, released on February 27th, 2009.
To upgrade, download Snake360 from the Game Marketplace again. There is no “auto-update” feature for Community Games. For best results, delete the old version first (go to System Settings > Memory > Hard Drive > Community Games). Delete only the game itself, easily identifiable by its size. Leave the save files, as the new version should recognize them without issues.
You can check what version you have by looking in the bottom-left corner of the screen during Attract Mode. You will see the string “XBLCG VERSION x.x.x,” where x.x.x is the version number you’re currently running.
Note: There is only one difference in scoring between 1.1.0 and earlier versions. It affects Marathon Mode only.”
You can download the update here;