- Every reader can send one entry per month.
- Games are given points from 1st = 10 points to 10th = 1 point.
- Points are tallied through the month.
- You can change the order of you favourite games from month to month.
- Developers can vote for their own game.
- You do not need to send in ten games for your votes to count. You can send in any number of games. See below to see how points are calculated.
Race for Favourite Game of Year
This is a little more complicated.
The race is calculated thus.
The current month is added to previous months, but previous months are not worth their full points.
For example the previous month is only worth 11/12 of its points, 2 months before are only worth 10/12 of it’s points right down to 11 months ago being worth 1/12 of it’s points.
If you send in a list of less than 10 games the points are given out accordingly. For example if you send in 9 games the number one game will only get 9 points. If you send in 6 games your top game will only get 6 points.
The minimum score your favourite game will get is 5 points. For example, if you send in a list containing three games the points will be allocated 1st. 5 points, 2nd 4 points, 3rd 3 points.
There are currently no prizes for sending in your top ten, this is for fun and to give consumers an idea of what games to try.
XboxHornet’s decision is final.
Filed under: Race for Favourite Game of the Year, Top Ten Community Games Tagged: | Race for Favourite Game of the Year, Top Ten Community Games, XBLA, XBLCG, xbox live, Xbox Live Arcade, Xbox Live Community Games, Xbox ratings, xna